I IDENTIFIED WITH:
- Critical Youth Development
- How can adults and youth workers work together to negotiate and make meaning of their worlds?
- Teens have important ideas to contribute to the world
- How youth engage and impact communities and cultures
CASE STUDY: SEX ED
- Youth and adults work together to develop public role plays about sex and healthy/unhealthy relationships.
After I took the Ideology Inventory Quiz, I ended up getting a score of 10 for Positive Youth Development, a 14 for Risk, Resilience and Prevention and a 15 for Critical Youth Development. Clearly the last sign won, and for that matter I do agree that I associate more with my final results. My values towards Youth work associates more with the critical Youth Development field because it is something that interest me the most. Even though all three signs engage with the the youth, the sign that I ended up getting associates more with the connection of Youth and adults. Basically I get to guide them in life, connect in a sense where not only my opinion matters, but also their opinions. In a way all three signs have that in common because it focuses on the same views and values. I can be a guidance for them, communicate and help them in a clear and understanding way associated to their point of view and story.